Friday 16 July 2010

Freedom from self.

A long time ago I read a book called, “Man was born free and yet everywhere he is in chains,” no not the kinky kind. Chains of our own creation, a creation we implement in our lives to feel secure, happy and even normal. However that same security imprisons us beyond escape. Essentially what is it we are all looking for, normality, happiness, nirvana, companionship?
The list is endless, but life isn’t and sooner or later you sit back and think about the path you are travelling and whether or not you intended to be on this path or the damn Sat Nav just told you to take the next left and you did. I for one have always known from a young age where I am headed, the only problem is I never expected this many diversion signs on the way. I mean exactly what are they improving on this road, I fail to understand.
The world in its entirety has always fascinated me. Those who have read the previous post know I am a born world gypsy. For first timers, I have moved and travelled around every few years to different parts of the world. It hasn’t always been intentional but an experience none the less. Now this is where the idea of being free from one self arose from.
What is it exactly to be free from even yourself?
The answer to that is in more questions, firstly who are you and how did you end up on this junction? Some of us knew who and where we wanted to be and life has led us here instead. Some of us had no idea who or where we wanted to be therefore life has led us here, still. In both scenarios life has lead us to the same place. Now in life we are suckers for routine, whether you try to routine everything or like me prefer to be more spontaneous and break free from routine, (there’s a lot of routine in this sentence alone.) We all end up on a daily basis doing the same things, wake up, brush teeth, maybe shower (now I am not saying being spontaneous means not brushing or showering) but maybe you can brush in the shower, some people feel secure enough to pee in the shower even. No not me, and don’t ask how I know.
Anyway back on track, we all live life on a daily basis just to be able to take forward things like our house, car, job, gym membership, magazine subscription, etc, etc. However none of this really defines us at all. Now I am no Guru (but feel free to think of me as one) but I can tell you where I have felt free like never before. To me being free is a feeling where it doesn’t matter whether I am coming or going, it doesn’t matter what boring job I do for a living, whether or not I have paid my rent or bills is forgotten, what relation I am to who holds no relevance, I have forgotten about all dreams and aspirations, I am comfortable enough to talk to strangers. Some strangers are even comfortable enough to use my shoulder as a cushion without even feeling the need to ask. I am fed at regular intervals, usually by angelic faces with a smile.
I am nothing but me and the only time I am free from my created self.
I hear you, stop talking shit and tell us where the hell am I going with this? Well everybody’s place of freedom will be different but I think the above outlined feelings will be the same. I have these feelings when I am....... now don’t put a bounty on my head as this may not answer all your life’s questions or wish away all your problems. Ok? I have these feeling when I am........this may not amount to much in your thinking, but I have these feeling when I am, how do I put this without making it out to be a real let down for you. Well when you’ll think about it, you’ll understand. So I have these feelings when I am in the air. Although becoming Superman is my secret ambition, I don’t mean that kind of in the air, but flying still. When I fly in a plane, for that amount of time I have no relevance in the world at all. I am just me. I fly with nothing on board but my passport and ticket, no hand luggage. I walk on the plane with my hands in my pocket and take my seat, and sometimes when I am upgraded it really feels like heaven. The duration of the flight and the feeling we have of going to a new place isn’t just about going on holiday or visiting a new location. It is the feeling of being free from your created self and being just you.
The million dollar question is how do we attain that feeling here on earth and break out of our chains of creation. The answer like the truth is not out there but with you. How many time have you said, “I knew I shouldn’t have,” done something or listened to somebody. More times than you care to remember, right? So if you knew, you know.

You know exactly what you need to do to attain your freedom from self.



More such videos can be found on my Youtube channel @ www.youtube.com/user/arjunsatyakam

No comments:

Post a Comment