Sunday 20 February 2011

Days on Earth

The other day I woke up with the urge to know how many days I have spent on Earth. Now that doesn't mean I have left Earth at any moment, or at least not to my knowledge. I mean from the day I was born. As it was morning I thought I would just google a page which would just solve it for me, rather than figuring it out myself. Being a male I had other important things to figure out, like should I finally get up and urinate or can I hold it longer and increase my stamina to 4 hours. Of course I could. Even as I guy I can multi-task, hold it in while calculating life changing information like how many days I have been on Earth. Yes my male organs and my mind can work simultaneously... Shocked? 

Anyway getting back to the point, I found this site which gave me the exact number... I am not sure what I felt when I saw the figure... Apart from the need to urinate... Having done so, I thought I have come to the point where I am counting my days so to speak. I am not the kind of person to worry about end of life and other such insignificant issues as a human I should maybe think about. However out of control out of mind. Although that's not to say I am either out of control or for that matter, for those that think it, out of my mind. Well not in the sense that your thinking. I strongly believe in living out of your mind. We all view the world within the capacity that our mind allows us to, therefore everybody lives in their mind and that's their version of the world. Not necessarily true, false, good or bad just theirs. Hence to see the real world you need to be out of your mind. As nobody ever discovered anything worthwhile following the crowd, you just end up stepping in their shit. That they so kindly left behind to keep your feet firmly on the ground.

Now that we're clear on that front, let me get back to point. I am not sure why I find it so difficult to just get to the point, maybe because there isn't a singular point in life that can be arrived at without working through the bullshit. Anyway, the point is, that day was my 11,542nd day here amongst you all on Earth. I don't know if that's a lot in the scheme of things, but I realised it is a huge number when I further wondered about the moments in those 11,542 days that define me as a person. Moments that I truly lived as, arguably, God's highest creation in the chain, if u believe that kind of thing. However in 11,542 days my greatest moments can be counted on perhaps using the fingers of one hand... That makes me feel rather sad and pathetic about myself, I had 11,542 opportunities to do some good, ok maybe I can't count the beginning years as I was busy eating, sleeping and shitting. Oh hold on that's not really all that different from the rest of the years apart from having learnt how to clean my own shit up. As a member of the human race that's definitely progress. Still even if I only counted the last say 6000 days, I was only able to recollect perhaps 5 moments where I did something that positively changed some body's life for the better. Yes that's truly something to be ashamed of, lots of u may have more days you can remember being alive and not just another cog. I hope nobody has less, now on my 11,545th day alive I haven't managed to add to the moments that define me as a person. In my remaining days I hope to regain the innocence and freedom to live and love as a human where my compassion will allow others to do the same. 


P.S Now I must really go and urinate.....

No comments:

Post a Comment